Public MGT 350 | Online Assignment Help
Unit 2 Pay-for-Performance
Case Study: Pay-for-Performance Incentives in NYC Schools School districts across the country adopted pay-for-performance incentives in the early 2000s in the hopes of improving student outcomes. However, a Rand Corporation study of two hundred New York City Schools between 2007 and 2010 found that programs offering annual bonuses to teachers for performance had no measurable effect on student outcomes. Memo: You work for the New York City Department of Education and have been tasked with filing a report on the lack of success of pay-for-performance incentives. You are expected to come up with alternative incentives for the department to try. Prepare a memo for the chancellor, Dennis M. Walcott, that considers the following questions:
1. What caused the failure of these programs? How were they developed and implemented?
2. How were the results of the programs measured? Were they measured effectively?
3. What are some other possible ways to incentivize teachers? How can these plans be implemented? How might they be measured?
4. Who would implement these programs? Is there a need for additional staff to implement them?
· Rand Study Press Release – http://www.rand.org/news/press/2011/07/18.html
· NYC Pay-for-Performance Brief – http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB9596/index1.html
· Access to Full Document – http://www.rand.org/pubs/monographs/MG1114.html
TO: Dennis M. Walcott, Chancellor
FROM: Jose Roman Camacho, NYC Department of Education
DATE: November 4, 2018
SUBJECT: Alternative Incentives