Your paper should address the following: DUE MARCH 26TH 11:30pm on Sakai class Assignment section.
• Symptom picture – describe the symptoms commonly seen in the disorder you have chosen to research.
Prevalence rates – prevalence rates in the US and world. (1pt.)
• Cultural variables – You should list a couple countries your disorder is found in and if it presents differently or with the same symptom picture as seen in the US. You should also include subcultures of the US (e.g. African American, Native American, Hispanic, Asian American). (2 pts.)
• Age of onset and Gender features – What is the average age when symptoms appear that lead to a diagnosis? Is the onset acute or insidious? For Gender features: ex. Bipolar is equally common among adolescents, major depression diagnosed 2X more in females than in males. (1pt.)
• Etiology – Describe the biology and genetics behind the disorder you are researching. E.g. What neurotransmitter systems and subcortical structures of the brain are effected in the disorder you are researching? It may be primarily a biological based disorder such as Bipolar or Schizophrenia, but be sure to address the psychological/emotional issues associated with this disorder. Eg. expressed emotion (EE) with regard to family relations or coping with peers with either bipolar or schizophrenia. Is this highly genetic? Does it run in families such as depression, schizophrenia, bipolar, ADHD, etc? (2 pts.)
• Course – Will it be a lifelong chronic course e.g. childhood-onset schizophrenia or relatively short episodes e.g. depression? How does the presentation change and effect the child/adolescent over developmental stages (e.g. Erickson developmental model)? (1pt)
• Prognosis – What is the end result you expect to see with regard to the symptom picture? E.g. What would the symptom picture look like when the person is 70. E.g. Would the client still have to be on medication? Would they still exhibit the symptoms of the disorder or would most of the symptoms abate? (1pt)
• Current treatment – What is the most effective treatment for your chosen disorder? Explain the main underlying theory of this treatment(s) and explain a technique that could be employed in the treatment plan. E.g. cognitive restructuring for major depression). (1pt)
• A differential diagnosis – You should compare and contrast another disorder ( ONLY ONE) which is similar and how to differentiate it from the main disorder you have chosen to research. In what ways is it similar and in what ways is it dissimilar? E.g. major depression vs Persistent Depressive Disorder. (1pt)
APA style is encouraged but not required
*** No longer than 10 pages – including title and reference pages.
*** Minimum page length 9 pages – including title and reference pages
*** You DO NOT need an abstract for this assignment.
• Must be double spaced (12pt type and Times New Roman)
• Must have within text citations. THIS IS A MUST
• Articles, the DSM-V, books, and online sources are fine (.org more preferable but .com is fine with discretion).
• THE TEXTBOOK IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE SOURCE FOR YOUR PAPER.
• Try to use empirical sources when possible. E.g. Journal of Abnormal Psychology
• NO WIKAPEDIA.
List of Acceptable Disorders for Paper:
Choose any one disorder under the headings
***Make sure that your paper focuses on the childhood or adolescent presentation of the disorder you choose to research.
• Anxiety disorders
o Panic attacks
o Panic Disorder
o Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
o Specific Phobia
o Separation Anxiety disorder (SAD)
o Social Phobia / School Phobia
o Selective Mutism
o Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
o Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
• Mood disorders
o Major Depression
o Persistent Depressive Disorder (Dysthymia)
o Double depression
o Seasonal Affective Disorder
o Bipolar I
o Bipolar II
o Rapid Cycling Bipolar
• Behavioral Disorders
o Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
o Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
o Conduct Disorder (CD)
o Intermittent Explosive Disorder
o Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD)
• Intellectual disability (ID) present the different levels of ID.
• Other disorders that also have Intellectual disability
o Fragile X
o Downs Syndrome
o Williams Syndrome
o Angelman’s Disorder
o Prader Willi Syndrome
• Autism spectrum disorders
o Classic autism
o Asperger’s syndrome
o Childhood disintegrative Disorder
o Sensory integration disorder
• Childhood-onset Schizophrenia
• Adolescent-onset Schizophrenia (you can choose to do a specific type with adolescent onset or just adolescent Schizophrenia)
• Eating disorders
o Childhood rumination Disorder
o Binge eating disorder (BED)
o Infantile Anorexia
o Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder
o Posttraumatic Feeding Disorder
o Anorexia nervosa (cover both subtypes)
o Bulimia nervosa (cover both subtypes)
o Orthorexia Disorder
o Failure to thrive
• Substance abuse and dependence disorders (focus should be on one specific type of substance of abuse e.g. alcohol)
o Should cover both what is considered abuse and dependency and how they are different.
If you choose to do your paper on abuse you must choose one type of abuse not all forms of abuse:
• Sexual abuse
• Neglect (in its many forms)
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise the quality of our essay services. Our essay helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements in the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all paper writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
MyHomeworkWriters guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy. As such, MyHomeworkWriters ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Essay Writing Services
MyHomeworkWriters holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality academic services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements and wait for quality results.
At MyHomeworkWriters, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our essay help service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop essay help services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of essay writing services.