For this assignment you will use various skills and strategies you have learned from the Child-Centered Play Therapy Workbook.
1. (6 points) Case Study Present a child case. This case needs to focus on a child that is under the age of 12; include name, age, location, family dynamics, and details around the presenting issue that has brought the child to counseling.
2. (20 points) Verbatim: Create a dialogue between the counselor (you) and the case child detailed in question 1. Include at least 10 lines of dialogue for you, and 10 lines of dialogue for your client. The lines of counseling dialogue should be empathic, and reflective. You do not want to ask questions, but rather illustrate your ability to use empathic statements and reflective responses.
Exampleclient: I am really tired today and I don’t want to play.counselor: Your body is telling you that you should rest instead of playing with the toys today. client: Yes, I had a lot of school work this week, and my friend Johnny is mad at me.
Counselor: So not only did the teacher give you a bunch of work, but this week has made you extra sad because you miss playing with your friend Johnny.
3. (6 points) Compare and contrast the characteristics of child-centered approach to one of the evidence-based approaches in chapter 5 of the Elements of counseling textbook. Develop three points of comparison that illustrate similarities and three points of comparison that illustrate differences.
4. (8 points) From the examples in the setting limits section of the Child-Centered Play Therapy Workbook. Develop one limit that you might use with children (select something that is not used as an example in the textbook). Describe the limit, and then use the steps: Step 1 – Determine if the limit is necessary, Step 2 – State the limit to the child, Step 3 – Warning, and Step 4 – Enforcement of consequence, to illustrate how you would apply them to your own work with a child. For each step, speak about the characteristics of the step, and then show how you would use the limit and how you would enforce the step.
5. (10 points) In child-centered play therapy, questions are not frequently used. Explain five points of rationale to why questions are not beneficial to the counseling relationship with children. Do not copy sentences from the book, state these five points in an informed manner, but in your own words, with strong supporting insight and examples.
6. (10 points) In child-centered play therapy, praise is discouraged. Explain five points of rationale to why praise is not beneficial to the counseling relationship with children. Do not copy sentences from the book, state these five points in an informed manner, but in your own words, with strong supporting insight and examples.
7. (4 points) In child-centered play therapy, self-disclosure is discouraged. Explain two points of rationale to why self-disclosure is not beneficial to the counseling relationship with children. Do not copy sentences from the book, state these two points in an informed manner, but in your own words, with strong supporting insight and examples.
8. (10 points) From chapter 3, select five of the recommended toys for the playroom, and describe how you would use those with children in a counseling setting. Include a description of the toy, how the book describes its value or use, and then provide your own illustration of how you would use it – include what issue the toy might help the child address, and how you would engage the child in play with the toy.
9. (6 points) Select 3 themes from chapter 4. For each theme, 1. Develop a line of dialogue that describes a child’s behavior that would be indicative of the theme. 2. Then describe the theme, and 3. Develop an empathic, reflective, or child-centered statement that you could respond with appropriately.Get Psychology homework help today
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.