Psy1a 6.2 | Psychology homework help
Choose 2 problems from the list of problem scenarios below. Using the steps involved in problem solving that were discussed in the chapter, describe how you would go about solving this problem.
- Mrs. Smith’s daycare provider is closing in four weeks. Both Mr. and Mrs. Smith work full-time during the day and need childcare for their child. They only have a short period of time to find a new, safe, and reliable daycare provider.
- Tim is planning a summer vacation for his family of five to Disney World in Florida. He lives in Pennsylvania and is trying to figure out whether it would be more cost effective to drive or to fly to Florida.
- Sarah has a 20-page paper due in 6 weeks, and she has not yet started to work on the paper. She is feeling very overwhelmed because she works a full-time job during the day and has three children at home in the evening. She knows she should get started soon, but is not sure where to begin.
- Mr. and Mrs. Jones’ parents are getting older and are finding out they can no longer live on their own in a big, three-bedroom house. They want to sell their home and either move to a smaller house, a retirement community, or an assisted-living community. Mr. and Mrs. Jones said they would help their parents find the appropriate place to live, but they are not sure where to begin.
- Sally found out through a friend that her current boyfriend has been cheating on her with another woman. She is very distraught and is not sure what to do about the situation.