Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapters 9 and 10 in your course textbook and watch the Nutrition and Eating Disorders video.
In this discussion,
· Choose one eating disorder that you read about in your textbook and check the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) for current terminology and diagnostic criteria; or, you may choose to discuss any one of the currently recognized eating disorders from the DSM-5.
o Your initial posting should analyze the neurobiology of the disorder, including information on neurotransmitters/receptors and neurotransmitter systems, brain structures, nervous system pathways, and genetic, familial, lifestyle, and environmental factors.
· Discuss the impact of the eating disorder on the individual, as well as the rationale for available treatment options available for that disorder and their success or failure.
o Include treatments that are based on psychological, medical, pharmacological (drug), and other available interventions.
· Also in your discussion, imagine you are in a career position that utilizes a degree in psychology. These may include but are not limited to careers such as a social worker, teacher or teacher’s aide, child care worker, psychiatric technician or other behavioral health staff, peer support specialist, social service specialist, probation or parole officer, case manager, human resources professional, or counselor.
o How would your knowledge of the neurobiology of eating disorders help you in your professional life?
o How would this knowledge help you better assist your clients, students, or patients?
o For instance, think of how this knowledge would help reduce the stigma associated with this disorder, or how this might reinforce the need for compliance with recommended treatment.
You must use a minimum of one peer-reviewed and/or scholarly source that was published within the last five years, documented in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your post should be a minimum of 250 words. You may cite and reference your textbook, required or recommended reading, /or multimedia, but these will not fulfill the source requirement.
· Make sure to use terminology from the DSM-5 for psychological/behavioral health conditions and current terminology from professional sources for neurological conditions. Please be sure to access the DSM-5 directly in our library. For further information view The DSM-5: Accessing and Using the DSM-5 in the Ashford University Library (Links to an external site.) screencast on how to access and use this resource, and how to cite and reference the DSM-5.
Guided Response: Respond substantively to a minimum of two of your classmate’s original posts, preferably those who discussed a different disorder than you. Address the disorder, neurotransmitter/receptor systems and/or neuroanatomical structures involved in the disorder, and the research analysis of your classmate. In addition, please observe the following guidelines for all responses:
· Provide a courteous and interactive learning environment.
· Continue to monitor the discussion board throughout the active learning week and reply to anyone (instructor or classmate) who has chosen to respond to your original post.
· Your responses should address (at minimum) the disorder, neurotransmitter/receptor systems and/or neuroanatomical structures involved in the disorder, care interventions, and the research analysis of your classmate.
· Each response should demonstrate that you have read the existing replies on the board (in your response, mention information and viewpoints already expressed by existing responses to the same post).
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.