Project Management Basics Assignments | Online Homework Help
Project Management Basics
Analyze a project you have worked on. The project may have been at home, at work, or in other settings (for example, church or school). Answer the following questions when you describe the project:
- Explain how the project originated.
- Was the process used to initiate and manage the project formal or informal? Analyze how this affected the outcome.
- Describe the difficulties you encountered while completing your project. How did you overcome that?
- Evaluate the final outcome of the project.
- Evaluate how the project was managed. Provide recommendations on improving the system.
Describe the roles of the following project stakeholders: Project manager, Project sponsor, Team members.
Describe the relationship between a project manager and a project sponsor. Who is ultimately responsible for the success of a project, the project manager or the project sponsor? Explain.
Question 4 Define the following terms and explain how these terms are specific and unique to the practice of project management: Project, Program, Project management
Question 5 Discuss the various project management process groups (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing) and explain how they relate to the phases of a PLC.
The final paragraph (three or four sentences) of your initial post should summarize the one or two key points that you are making in your initial response. Justify your answers with examples and reasoning. Comment on the postings and views of at least two peers.
Your posting should be the equivalent of 1 to 2 pages (500–1000 words) in length.
Submit your posting to the Discussion Area by the end of the week.