Problem Solving Assignment | Homework Help Websites
March 12th, 2019
Use a decision-making model of your choice to analyze and provide recommendations to address an organizational communication problem you have experienced.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze business communication situations.
- Describe an organizational communication problem.
- Competency 2: Analyze the interrelationships of communication within organizational systems.
- Explain a decision-making model.
- Describe a solution to an organizational communication problem using a decision-making model.
- Justify how recommended solutions address a communication problem
- Competency 3: Communicate effectively.
- Write clearly to convey the intended content and follow APA rules for attributing sources
Complete the following:
- Choose an organizational communication problem you have experienced in your workplace or other organization with which you are involved. Examples of organizational communication problems are as follows:
- The leaders of an organization know they have to downsize (that is, fire) a large number of employees but do not effectively communicate the situation.
- Policies at a company are not followed in different departments or at different locations because the policies are not communicated well by a central office.
- Employees with inappropriate skill sets are hired because individuals familiar with the requirements do not communicate with the individuals hiring for the position.
- Two leaders within an organization provide different directions on how employees should conduct their work.
- Use any of the suggested materials listed in the Resources or search for other resources from the Capella library to examine decision-making models, and select one to apply to the organizational communication problem you have chosen.
- Write a recommendation paper in which you address the following:
- Describe the organizational communication problem and how it might negatively impact an organization.
- Explain the decision-making model you chose that applies to the problem and indicate why you chose it by comparing it to another decision-making model.
- Describe recommended solutions to the organizational communication problem using the chosen decision-making model, and assesses the difficulty of implementing your suggested solutions.
- Justify how your recommended solutions address the communication problem and how they would provide value to the organization.
Your analysis and recommended solutions should be well organized and written in clear, succinct language. Follow APA rules for attributing sources that support your analysis and conclusions.