1. Determining Profit or Loss from an Investment. Three years ago, you purchased 150 shares of IBM stock for $88 a share. Today, you sold your IBM stock for $103 a share. For this problem, ignore commissions that would be charged to buy and sell your IBM shares.
a. What is the amount of profit you earned on each share of IBM stock?
b. What is the total amount of profit for your IBM investment?
2. Calculating Rate of Return. Assume that at the beginning of the year, you purchase an investment for
$8,000 that pays $100 annual income. Also assume the investment’s value has decreased to $7,400 by the end of the year.
a. What is the rate of return for this investment?
b. Is the rate of return a positive or negative number?
3. Calculating Earnings Per Share, Price-Earnings Ratio, and Book Value. As a stockholder in Bozo Oil Company, you receive its annual report. In the financial statements, the firm has reported assets of $9 million, liabilities of $5 million, after-tax earnings of $2 million, and 750,000 outstanding shares of common stock.
a. Calculate the earnings per share of Bozo Oil’s common stock.
b. Assuming that a share of Bozo Oil’s common stock has a market value of $40, what is the firm’s price-earnings ratio?
c. Calculate the book value of a share of Bozo Oil’s common stock.
4. Determining Interest and Approximate Bond Value. Assume that three years ago, you purchased a
corporate bond that pays 9.5 percent. The purchase price was $1,000. Also assume that three years after your bond investment, comparable bonds are paying 8 percent.
a. What is the annual dollar amount of interest that you will receive from your bond investment?
b. Assuming that comparable bonds are paying 8 percent, what is the approximate dollar price for which you could sell your bond?
c. In your own words, explain why your bond increased or decreased in value.
5. Using Margin. Bill Campbell invested $4,000 and borrowed $4,000 to purchase shares in Wal-Mart. At the time of investment, Wal-Mart was selling for $45 a share.
a. If Bill paid $30 commission, how many shares could Bill buy if he used only his own money and did not use margin?
b. If Bill paid $50 commission, how many shares could Bill buy if he used his $4,000 and borrowed $4,000 on margin to buy Wal-Mart stock?
c. Assuming that Bill did use margin, paid $90 commission to sell his stock, and sold his Wal-Mart stock for $53, how much profit did he make on his Wal-Mart investment?
6. Calculating yields. Assume you purchased a corporate bond at its current market price of $850 on January 2, 2002. It pays 9 percent interest and it will mature on December 31, 2011, at which time the corporation will pay you the face value of $1,000.
a. Determine the current yield on your bond investment at the time of purchase.
b. Determine the yield to maturity on your bond investment.
We aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise on the quality of our assignment services. Our homework helpers craft each paper carefully to match the requirements on the instruction form.
We receive many applications from writers around the world daily. Nevertheless, we only choose the cream of the crop to tackle your “help with homework” requests. Hence, our homework helpers are highly-qualified individuals who maintain our quality policy.
We maintain a fair pricing policy for all our homework help services. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the requirements of each paper.
At My Homework Writers, we guarantee all students swift delivery of their assignments. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. We, therefore, ensure that all assignments are delivered on or before the agreed deadline.
We maintain a zero-plagiarism policy in all our essay papers. Our assignment writers stick to the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are also keen to avoid any chance of similarities with previously written papers.
We understand that you might run into trouble once in a while when working with our system. In the event that you do run into trouble, please get in touch with our support agents and they will immediately provide you with assistance.
Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or email: email@example.com.
Follow these simple steps to get your homework done
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
You will be able to track the progress of your paper from our system.
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Myhomeworkwriters website holds a reputation for providing high-quality assignment writing services. You only need to give us all the requirements for your “do my homework” order, and our homework paper writers will give you the best results.
We have highly qualified essay writers to assist you whenever you place in "help with my homework" order. Our essay writing service is designed to help students get good grades.
Our admission essay writing help will assist you to secure a position at your desired learning institution. We will help you craft a top-notch personal statement paper. Our writers who know how to write a college admission essay will help you get the college admission you are longing for.
Our team of professional editors will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper possesses quality and originality.
My homeworkwriters harbors specialists who can handle your technical papers order. Our “write my homework” services cover all academic areas you can think of. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of assignment writing services.