Principles of Retailing Assignment | Buy Assignments Online
Case Study: Franchising in China
The following Course Outcome is assessed in this Assignment:
AB102-3: Identify various organizational retail structures.
For this unit’s Assignment, please read “Case 2: Franchising in China” on page 165 in Chapter 6 of your text. Then address the checklist items after doing some research regarding nonstore-based retailing opportunities in China.
- State the pros and cons of a multinational retailer expanding into China via franchising.
- State the pros and cons of Yum! Brands developing their own stores vs. franchising to sell to the market in China.
- Should Yum! Brands modify their menu to fit Chinese tastes? If yes, how?
- Should Yum Brands use a single or multichannel strategy in China? Why or why not?
- Comment on Yum! Brands’ strategy of franchising their Chinese stores after they have been company-owned for 1 year or have become profitable.
Submit your answers to the questions in a double-spaced, 2–3 page paper in APA format, to the “Unit 6 Assignment” Dropbox.
Access the Unit 6 Assignment rubric.
Access the Unit 6 Case