Principles of Business Finance (PBF) Assignment | Homework Help Websites
Principles of Business Finance (PBF)
• To simply and persuasively communicate the vision of a business.
• To find the most marketable aspects of a business and weave them into a credible story.
• To determine how a company may approach the early stages of their company financing.
• Learn proper ways to approach an equity investor.
You have opened your business using funds from your own savings and
friends and family. Having been in business for a year, you have made the
decision to expand and need to approach an equity investor for additional
Prepare a highly-persuasive and professional venture pitch with your
group and present it [online = narrated keynote exported as Quicktime].
A venture pitch is an overview of an idea for a product or service. Sometimes
called an “elevator pitch,” this presentation conveys the basics of who you are,
what you do, and how you help your target market, all within the amount of
time it takes to ride on an elevator.
Know your Audience
Your audience consists of a panel of venture capitalists (your instructor and
classmates), and you have the opportunity to present your pitch during class.
The main purpose of the venture pitch is to get your audience interested
enough to ask you for more information.
Prepare a persuasive “pitch” 3-5 minutes in length. Speak professionally. Be
creative but realistic.
Peer Feedback (Campus Students only – Q&A session)
• Would you invest in this company? Why or why not?
• Ask at least one question to each team.