Political activism | Nursing homework help
Political Activism Many careers are influenced by government regulations. Health care is one of those careers, similar to education, where the workers are hesitant to be involved in the political process. If we are to advance the cause of quality patient care it becomes imminent that doctorally prepared advanced practice nurses get involved in the political process. This assignment will prepare you to determine what policy you may want to be involved in changing by creating an objective policy brief. A policy brief is a concise summary of a particular issue, the policy options to deal with it, and some recommendations on the best option. This assignment will be two parts. General Requirements: Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment: •Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center. •This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included. •This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. •You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Directions:
Part One: Write a policy brief regarding an issue relevant to health policy of 1,000-1,250 words. Include the following:
1. Executive summary
3. Approaches and results
5. Implications and recommendations
6. Graphics and tables may be included as appropriate
1. Locate the contact information for a state, local, or federal official for your area. I live in Texas
2. Locate information regarding the official’s stance on the issue you discuss in your policy brief.
3. Send the official a letter or e-mail that explains your position and offers suggestions on how the official should move forward with the agenda from your policy brief. Include the brief as an attachment.