Planning Foundation Worksheet Assignment | Homework Help Websites
March 12th, 2019
Planning Foundation Worksheet
Section 1 (We are…)
- What type of organization are you?
- What is the purpose of your organization?
- What do you want to accomplish as an organization?
- Why are you doing this?
- What are key messages or phrases that describe your organization?
Section 2 (We do…)
- What is your primary offering (product, service, message)?
- What is the primary function of your offering?
- Is the offering used with other offerings?
- What led you to develop this offering?
- List the top three objections to your offering?
- What is your pricing versus competition?
- What promotional plans do you have for your offering?
What are key messages or phrases that describe your offering?
Section 3 (For…)
- Who are your target customers?
- What groups do you target?
- What do you want your target to do?
Section 4 (Against: )
- Who are your organization’s direct competitors?
- Why do you consider these to be competitors?
- How is your organization different from those of its competitors?
- What do you plan to do to succeed against your competitors?
Section 5 (With: )
- Who are your organization’s partners or allies?
- Why do you consider these to be your partners or allies?
- What do you plan to do to leverage these alliances to accomplish the objectives of your organization?
Section 6 (We are better because…)
- Why should someone buy your offering and not someone else’s?
Section 7 (Our environment is…)
- What are some of the internal strengths of the organization?
- What are some of the internal weaknesses of the organization?
- What are some of the organization’s external opportunities?
- What are some of the organization’s external threats?
Value Proposition (Elevator Pitch);
We are (X), we do (Y) for (Z) by doing (A, B, C) against (1, 2, 3). We’re different because (D, E, F) People should select our offering over others because (Q, R, S).
Your Elevator Pitch
- Use your answers to the Planning Questions Table to draft an elevator pitch that helps others understand what sets your organization apart and why prospects should select your organization over others.
- Keep it simple, just fill in the blanks of the “formula” column.