Planning and Carrying Out a Tourism Activity Assignments | Online Homework Help
Planning and Carrying Out a Tourism Activity
The course project for this class will entail your plan to carry out a tourism activity that
focuses on one of the following themes:
• Event Tourism
• Gay, Lesbian, Transgender Tourism
• Leisure Tourism
• Ethnic Travel
• Religious tourism
• Sports Tourism
• Educational Tourism
You are to select one of the above topics and submit a well-thought-out proposal for a
trip, taking in consideration the cost of the program, the characteristics and needs of the
target audience, and the learning goals of the activity. You will also need to prepare a
marketing piece to sell the activity to your target market and build excitement for the trip.
Components of the Course
• How and why did you choose the activity?
• What research did you conduct to arrive at this decision?
• What demographic and data did you use to help with your decision?
• What do you hope to achieve with this trip?
• Do you believe this plan will succeed in the long run?
• Create a SWOT analysis.
• Overview of the program
• Competitor information: are there other providers already doing this?
• Potential problems
• Staffing, resources, and facilities needed
• Participant and staff safety
• How will you market your trip to your demographics?
• What are some challenges you are expecting in the area of marketing?
• You will need to create an elaborate marketing plan for this part of the project.
• How will you determine that you achieved your goals?
• How will you evaluate your participant response?
• Is this trip profitable? What can you do to make it even more profitable?
1. Course Project Part 1 – due Week 2 – 60 pts: submit your rationale and goals
2. Course Project Part 2 – due Week 4 – 60 pts: submit your plan and
3. Course Project Part 3 – due Week 6 – 60 pts: submit your marketing plan and
• Each part of the Course Project should be at least 1,200 words in length.
• Each part of the Course Project should be accompanied by a cover page and
APA source citation at the end.
Category Points % Description
6 10% Completion of paper to
be focused on the
review of the best
below and the
9 15% The logical order of the
content will be derived
from best practices
listed below. The
content will be
into sections derived
from this document.
Editing 9 15% A quality paper will be
free of any spelling,
paragraphs will be
clear, concise, and
Content 36 60% A quality paper will
have significant scope
and depth of research
to support any
illustration or examples
are encouraged. A
quality project will
employ sound use of
reasoning and logic to
Total 60 100% A quality paper will
meet or exceed all of
Cover Page for each part: Include the course name and number, who you prepared
the paper for, your name, and the date.
Body of Your Report: Use a header titled with the name of your project. Example: “Trip
Marketing Plan.” Then proceed to break out the main ideas.
State the main ideas: State major points in each idea and provide evidence. Break out
each main idea you will use in the body of your paper. Show some type of division, such
as separate sections that are labeled, separate groups of paragraphs, or headers. You
should include the information you found during your research and investigation.
Work Cited: Use APA format.