PICOT Question Assignments | Online Homework Help
The purpose of this assignment is to understand the usefulness of evidence and the support it provides when answering a PICOT question.
- Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Directions: (Please use the attached forms for tasks below)
Part 1 : Empirical Article Selection
Locate three empirical articles related to your PICOT question that meet all the criteria found on the “Empirical Research Checklist” resource.
Part 2: Research Article Chart
Using the articles acquired in Part 1, provide a summary review of each component using the “Research Article Chart” template.
Submit the completed Research Article Chart to your instructor.
Empirical Research Checklist
|Section||Defining Characteristic||Contained in Article||Not Contained in Article|
|Abstract||An abstract of the contents is provided.|
|Introduction||The purpose of the study is stated.|
|The scope of the study is stated.|
|A rationale for the study is provided.|
|The hypothesis or research question is stated.|
|Key concepts and terms are noted.|
|A review of the literature is provided.|
|Methods||A description of the population sample is provided.|
|The data collection procedure is presented.|
|Other procedures to be used are described.|
|Results||A narrative statement of the findings is given.|
|A description of the data collected is given.|
|Findings are supported by graphs and charts.|
|The analysis of the data is explained.|
|Conclusion||A summary of the study is provided.|
|Conclusions related to the hypothesis are stated.|
|Questions for future research are presented.|
|References||References used in the study are presented.|
Research Article Chart
|Criteria and Defining Characteristics||Article 1:||Article 2:||Article 3:|
After reading the abstract what do you expect to learn from the article?
|Introduction: Summarize the following in paragraph form.
· What is the purpose of the study?
· What is the scope of the study?
· What is the rational for the study?
· What is the hypothesis or research question?
· What key concepts and terms are noted?
· Is a review of the literature provided?
|Methods: Summarize the following in paragraph form.
· What is the population being sampled?
· What data collection procedure is presented?
· What other procedures are described?
|Results: Summarize the following in paragraph form.
· What are the given findings?
· How was data collected?
· Are the findings supported by graphs and charts?
· What does the analysis of data state?
|Conclusion: Summarize in paragraph form.
· What is the summary of the study?
· What is the conclusion of the hypothesis?
· What are the questions for future research?
· What are the total number of references used in the study?
· List two of the references used.