Pharmacotherapy For Cardiovascular Disorders Assignments | Online Homework Help
Examine the impact of patient factors that may lead to changes in pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes on patient drug therapy for cardiovascular disorders. Below is the case scenario/case study that you will use for the assignment.
Patient HM has a history of atrial fibrillation and a transient ischemic attack (TIA). The patient has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and ischemic heart disease. Drugs currently prescribed include the following:
- Warfarin 5 mg daily MWF and 2.5 mg daily T, TH, Sat, Sun
- Aspirin 81 mg daily
- Metformin 1000 mg po bid
- Glyburide 10 mg bid
- Atenolol 100 mg po daily
- Motrin 200 mg 1–3 tablets every 6 hours as needed for pain
Click Here to Place Order
Write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Explain how the factor you selected might influence the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes in the patient from the case study you were assigned.
- Describe how changes in the processes might impact the patient’s recommended drug therapy. Be specific and provide examples.
- Select one the following factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior factors.
- Reflect on how the factor you selected might influence the patient’s pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes.
- Explain how you might improve the patient’s drug therapy plan and explain why you would make these recommended improvements.
- Explain how the factor you selected might influence the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes in the patient
-Your paper must address all THREE of the factors listed
APA citation 4 to 5 References within 5 years