Patch Adams (Not The Movie, But The Individual) profile| Online Assignment Help
Dr. Patch Adams makes an excellent subject for the topic of out-groups, due to his unconventional approach to practicing medicine in the U.S. Dr. Adams gained visibility through the eponymous film starring Robin Williams. Dr. Adams is theFounder and Director of the Gesundheit Institute, a holistic medical community providing free medical care to thousands of patients since 1971. The website offers links to videos of some of Dr. Adams’ lectures (http://www.patchadams.org), which can be shown in class or assigned as homework. You are to write a 3-5 page essay (not including reference page and cover page) while addressing the following:
- Discuss how Adam’s vision was formed.
- How did he develop compassion for the outsider and marginalized?
- Is compassion inborn or learned?
- How does humor fit into health care delivery?
- Why aren’t there more people like Adams?
- In your essay, explain how Dr. Adams fits into either an out group or in group- support your answer.
Your paper will be evaluated on the following:
- Structure and mechanics
- Relevance to the topic(s)
***Each essay will be submitted to the Turnitin Dropbox link in Canvas***
Your paper is to be written in an APA-Style format. This includes the following:
- 12 point font
- Times New Roman font
- 1 inch margins
- cover page
- reference page
- in-text citations
For more detailed instructions and information on how to write an APA-style paper, please visit https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/. There is an extensive databank on how to incorporate in-text citations, and properly format your references.
Additional Information on Turnitin
- All written assignments must be submitted to Canvas Turnitin Dropboxes by the posted deadline. Assignments submitted by any other means will not be accepted.
- Within one week after the assignment’s deadline has passed, you will receive written feedback on your assignment. The written comments on your assignment are accessible using the GradeMark function within your assignment submission.
- Late Submissions must be uploaded in the appropriately labeled “Late Dropbox” by the posted “Late Assignment Deadline”. Late submissions are only eligible for a maximum of 50% of the assignments original point value.