Paper On Data Analysis Assignment | Homework Help Websites
Review all the analyses performed for this lab activity, and write a one-page opinion paper summarizing at least two key findings that you believe are significant for Adventure Works Cycles, and making at least two recommendations for actions that management should take in response. Your paper should be in APA format, professionally written, and should be free of grammatical errors, typos, and misspellings. Save your paper in a Microsoft Word file named Lab1_yourlastname_Paper.docx.
I already did this part on excel:
Step 1: Importing, Cleaning, and Converting Data
Adventure Works has supplied you with sales data extracted from their corporate database in the form of a text file. In this section, you will import, clean, and convert the data to prepare it for analysis.
- Download and save the file AdventureWorksOrders.txt (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Be sure to save the file rather than opening it directly from this link (it will not open in Excel because it is a text file). If you are not given the option of saving the file when you click on the link, right-click it and select “Save link as” or “Save target as.”
- For this lab, you may use your own copy of Microsoft Excel 2016, or you may use Excel 2016 in the Citrix virtual lab environment. You are recommended to use the virtual lab to become familiar with it, as it will be required for some future labs. You should definitely use the virtual lab if your own copy of Excel is not the 2016 version, or if you are not using the Microsoft Windows operating system (the version of Excel for the Mac OS is significantly different from the version for Windows).
If you will be using the virtual lab environment, log into it as directed in the Lab Resources section above and copy the AdventureWorksOrders.txt file to your virtual home drive (the F: drive in the virtual environment, labeled with your DSI number). See the Lab Resources section on the Introduction & Resources area under Modules > Course Resources page for tutorials on accessing the Citrix virtual lab environment, installing the required Citrix receiver software, finding and launching applications, and copying files to and from your virtual home drive.
- Launch Excel 2016 and create a new blank workbook.
- Using the Get External Data From Text command on the Data tab of the ribbon, import the data from the AdventureWorksOrders.txt file into Excel. The file is a delimited file in comma separated value (CSV) format.
- Rename the worksheet containing the imported data to sales data.
- Format the worksheet professionally, making sure that column headings are bolded; all dollar values are formatted as currency; and column widths are set appropriately.
- Clean the data by spell-checking all appropriate columns and deleting any rows containing missing observations, outliers, or duplicate entries.
- Add a column titled OrderTotal that uses a formula to calculate the total price for each order, based on the UnitPrice and OrderQty columns.
- Add a column titled FullName that contains the customer’s full name by concatenating the FirstName and LastName columns.
- Add a column titled OrderCategory that categorizes orders as large, medium, or small based on the OrderTotal, with large orders having OrderTotal greater than $1,500; medium orders having an OrderTotal between $500 and $1,500; and small orders having an OrderTotal less than $500.
- Save the workbook using the file name Lab1_yourlastname.xlsx. If you are using the virtual lab environment, you should save it to a folder on your virtual home drive.
NOTE: Save your work before continuing on to Step 2!