Office Management Assignment | Management
- Supervisor A is responsible for the employees in her department in addition to three employees in another department and two employees in a third department. When any of these employees have a problem, they have been instructed to go immediately to the person to whom supervisor A is responsible. Supervisor A is primarily responsible for enforcing the company’s policies – but whenever an employee violates a policy, s/he is referred immediately to Supervisor’s A superior.
**ANSWER SHOULD NOT EXCEED TWO PAGES
- Identify the organisation’s principles violated in the situation described above. 10 Marks
- Design the organizational chart used in the situation above. 10 Marks
- Propose a chart that can facilitate work better in the situation described above. 5 Marks
- You are the administrative office manager of “Go Slow Savings and Loans Inc.” One
of your responsibilities is the coordination of systems design and implementation. You have recently discovered that many of the employees are becoming more resistive to systems utilization, perhaps because of the fear of the unknown.
**ANSWER SHOULD NOT EXCEED ONE PAGE
(a) What can you do to help the employees become less resistive to systems utilization? 5 Marks
(b) Briefly explain the steps in designing and modifying administrative systems? 5 Marks
- ZK Corporation implemented a forms control program nearly eight years ago. The firm’s management has never been totally satisfied with the results of the program which was designed to consolidate and/or eliminate many forms. However, no evidence is available to suggest that this has happened. You have been hired by the firm as a form design expert to examine its forms control program and your investigation into the situation reveals the absence of any kind of forms analysis.
** ANSWER SHOULD NOT EXCEED ONE PAGE
(a) What kind of information will form analysis provide? 10 Marks
(b) When do you think is the ideal time for form analysis to take place in an organization? 5 Marks