Observation Assignment | Buy Assignments Online
Hotel Observation Assignment
Visit any hotel of your choosing on Arizona (TEMPE or Flagstuff). Sit in the lobby for 30 minutes and answer the following questions in a narrative format. Your paper should be 2 pages long, double spaced, and in Arial 12 point font.
1. Were there any guests in the lobby who were just visiting or hanging out? If so, how many? If not, does there seem to be a reason (ex. no furniture, restaurant nearby where people congregated)
2. How many times did the front desk staff answer the phone? What did they say when they answered the phone? Did the greeting appear to be a “canned” or standardized greeting?
3. Did the front desk staff check in or check out any guests while you were in the lobby? How long did it take for each task?
4. Was there a typical clientele for the hotel? How would you describe the typical customer? Did anyone appear out of place?
5. What does the décor of the hotel look like? In what category of the hotel segment would you place this hotel?
6. What was the general appearance of the lobby? Clean? Dirty? Well kept, etc.? Did the staff wear a uniform? If so, describe. If not, what were they wearing? Did the staff appear well groomed?
7. Would you stay at this hotel based on your observation? Why or why not?