Nursing Home Compare portal Assignment | Homework for You
Chapter 16 Marketing
One key component of this course is the Nursing Home Compare portal (the “Portal”). However there are limitations of the Portal. The Portal focuses on statistics and facts and there is a significant delay before new data is available. But what about the typical consumer? Consumers also focus on perception and value. This is where the Portal may have some shortcomings.
Thanks to today’s modern world of social media, perception and the impression of value are at our finger tips. Before many of us make decisions on where to spend our time or our money, we go online. The same is now true for researching a LTC facility. Sites like Yelp and Facebook have become an important source in the selection process.
The attached article discusses the impact of social media on nursing home selection. It also goes into detail about the short comings of the Portal.
For this written assignment, discuss:
• What are the benefits of using social media?
• What are the disadvantages?
• How reliable are these sources?
• What should nursing home administrators do?
• What should the government do?
• Optional: Besides social media and the Portal, what are some other sources for valid information?
Title: Effective Management of Long Term Care Facilities, 3th Edition
Author: Douglas A. Singh
Publisher: Jones and Bartlett
ISBN 13: 978-1-284-05271-8