NRSG 413O- Population Centered Care Assignment | Homework For You
A photo novella is telling a story in photographs (photo-novella). Taking photographs or videos of scenes and people can change perceptions about the social and physical environment.
“A picture is worth a thousand words.” Seeing what someone else sees is more powerful than being told about it. Photos or videos can almost always make a far better case than words alone.
Images can be understood regardless of language, culture, or other factors.
Pictures create a clear record of what exists at a particular point in time
Photovoice is a process in which people – usually those with limited power due to poverty, language barriers, race, class, ethnicity, gender, culture, or other circumstances – use video and/or photo images to capture aspects of their environment and experiences and share them with others. The pictures can then be used, usually with captions composed by the photographers.
Your project will be a blend of photo novella and photovoice.
• The story that you will be telling will be of our local population (who they are, their culture, risks, assets, and needs).
• Give a voice to the vulnerable population and help to document the assessment that speaks to the assets and needs of the population.
• The photo essay will use photography and short scripts to bring to life the story
• Use powerpoint to develop your photo novella/photovoice.
• Use pictures to tell your story. May use captions or text overlay on pictures.
• Do not take frontal/face pictures of patients/guests/participants unless you have signed permission. Take photos from behind and with their knowledge/permission.
• Use the internet for sources of pictures- there are many that do not require permission and/or have no royalties’.
Photo novella outline
1. Introduction to population (describe population characteristics)
2. Tell why your population is vulnerable (risks, risk factors, health status, and health determinants.)
3. Background information on population (include if applicable – culture, major literature findings, and policy.)
4. Pathophysiology/biology/epidemiology of vulnerability( examples: neurobiology of addiction epidemiology of domestic violence)
5. List and identify the methods and sources used for the reported data.
6. Priority problem with supporting evidence/data and why chose as a priority problem