No plagiarism please, due tuesday 10/18 by 6:00pm, paying $20.00
For this project, you will assume the role of a social science researcher in charge of developing a new crime prevention program targeted toward juveniles in the K–12 school system. Review current crime prevention programs that target juveniles and adults. There are several crime prevention programs that are designed for adults and which are also in K–12 schools nationwide with a standardized curriculum (i.e., Neighborhood Watch, D.A.R.E. and G.R.E.A.T.) with many more programs created at the local level (i.e., Citizens Academy, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and YMCA afterschool programs are unique to the community).
Identify three programs currently being utilized in communities andin the K–12 school system, national, state, or local programs. Compare and contrast the programs in terms of goals and objectives, target population (e.g., who is receiving and participating in the program), and how and by whom the programs are delivered (i.e., taught by law enforcement officers, school counselors, individuals outside of the school system, etc.). Based on these comparisons, explain which elements you would place in your program and how your program will be delivered to the students.
Create a 13- to 15-slide PowerPoint® presentation (excluding the cover slide and reference slide). When conducting your research and composing your presentation, do so in a manner which will allow you the opportunity to reuse it for a later assignment.
In your presentation, incorporate speaker notes to include the following:
- Identify three crime prevention programs currently being utilized in communities and found in the K–12 school system, either national, state or local programs.
- Tell about each program, explaining its goals, target population (i.e., adults, elementary school kids, 5th graders only, kids in each grade level, etc.), and how/where it is delivered.
- List and explain the pros and cons of each program.
- Compare each program to the others.
- Discuss the differences in methods used in the programs between youth and adults.
- Tell how successful you believe each program has been and justify your opinions.
- Explain which elements of each program you would include in your program and why you feel they are important.
Include a reference and title slide.
Cite a minimum of three sources in your reference slide, using in-text citations in the presentation where appropriate.
THIS IS A 2 PART ASSIGNMENT WHICH WILL BE POSTED NEXT WEEK WITH A DIFFERENT DUE DATE PAYING $20 AS WELL.