Network Security Fundamentals Assignment | Homework For You
The assessment item 2 is designed to test your understanding of network security fundamentals, administering
a secure network, mobile security, and access control and identity management relating to the contents in
This assessment task contains two parts, quiz questions (10%) and a series of short-answer questions (15%)
How to complete the tasks
This quiz consists of 20 to 30 True/False and Multiple Choice questions. Please note:
• You are allowed to attempt the quiz as many time as you want before due date;
• You latest attempt would be your final marks for the quiz;
• Extensions are impossible for the quiz. The quiz automatically closes after due date;
• The quiz is automatically graded by the system based on the selection of correct or incorrect answers;
• You will be able to see your detailed results right after the quiz has closed.
For short-answer questions, a template with a detailed tabular marking criteria will be provided for each
assessment task and the answers will be assessed in regards to accuracy, clarity and detail. Please note:
• Use the provided template to insert your responses for each question.
• You should submit the completed templates online.
• Please do not delete the marking criteria page in each template.
• Harvard reference format is acceptable.
• Late penalties will be applied (5% of the total scores per day late).
• Plagiarism detection will be used in this assignment.
• Use your own words to answer the questions.
• Please don’t forget to update the template’s table of contents before you submit.
Network address translation (NAT) is a method to remap one IP address space into another space by
modifying network address information in Internet Protocol datagram packet headers while in transit
across a traffic routing device.
Please complete the following tasks:
(1) Use an example to illustrate how packets are sent and received by using NAT technology;
(2) Differentiate between NAT and PAT (Port Address Translation);
(3) Explain why NAT technology can provide a degree of security. Get Networking homework help for you today