Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Assignment on
National Cybercrime Assignment | College Homework Help
Just from $13/Page
CLICK HERE TO PLACE AN ORDER
Research the personality profile of a typical cybercriminal. Then, respond to the following in discussion:
- Provide some details about your findings.
- What are some of the specific sort of crimes that cyber criminals commit?
- Formulate a policy over what society should do about cyber criminals who operate from foreign countries with whom the United States either lacks an extradition treaty, or from countries that are hostile to the United States.
- Urgent Actions Are Needed to Address Cybersecurity Challenges Facing the Nation
- The Government Accountability Office (GAO) has identified four major cybersecurity challenges and 10 critical actions that the federal government and other entities need to take to address them. GAO continues to designate information security as a government-wide high-risk area due to increasing cyber-based threats and the persistent nature of security vulnerabilities.
- Cybercrime: What the FBI Investigates
- The FBI is the lead federal agency for investigating cyber attacks by criminals, overseas adversaries, and terrorists. The threat is incredibly serious—and growing. Cyber intrusions are becoming more commonplace, more dangerous, and more sophisticated. Our nation’s critical infrastructure, including both private and public sector networks, are targeted by adversaries. American companies are targeted for trade secrets and other sensitive corporate data, and universities for their cutting-edge research and development. Citizens are targeted by fraudsters and identity thieves, and children are targeted by online predators. Just as the FBI transformed itself to better address the terrorist threat after the 9/11 attacks, it is undertaking a similar transformation to address the pervasive and evolving cyber threat. This means enhancing the Cyber Division’s investigative capacity to sharpen its focus on intrusions into government and private computer networks. Get Law Homework Help Today