Multimedia Research Project Assignment | Homework for You
Multimedia Research Project Instructions
As a culminating project, you will incorporate your knowledge gained in the class into a 13–15-slide PowerPoint presentation, focusing on a specific drug of your choice. The presentation’s purpose is to provide general information about the drug and then to focus on prevention of abuse. Be creative! It is intended that you could use your presentation as an educational tool for a self-selected audience (e.g., write your presentation to a specific age group). You will be graded on your design, color choice and font size/text. Use images and graphics as appropriate to your design and information.
The purpose of the PowerPoint is that the slides could be used as a teaching tool. All materials used must be paraphrased or summarized and not directly quoted.Do not write in full sentences and paragraphs in this presentation. You are encouraged to use bullet points.
- Title (1 slide) – Title of your presentation and whoyour audience is.
- Background information aboutthe drug (2 slides) – History of the drug, etc.
- Public Health Issues and Usage trends (1–2 slides) – Is usage increasing or decreasing,and what is the public health effect on society?
- Administration ofthe drug (1 slide) – How the drug enters the body (may be multiple ways).
- Distribution ofthe drug (1 slide) – How does the drug travel through the body?
- Site of action ofthe drug (1 slide) – Where does the drug work in the body? What neurotransmitters are involved?
- Metabolism ofthe drug (1 slide) – How and where is the drug broken down in the body?
- Excretion ofthe drug (1 slide) – How does the drug leave the body?
- Current treatment trends forthe drug (2–3 slides).
- Outline of your drug use prevention program. You may highlight an already existing program, or create your own. (2–4 slides).
- Reference list mustbe in current APA format (# of slides as needed).
Follow current APA format for citations as necessary. A minimum of 5scholarly sources is required for this project.Scholarly sources could be peer-reviewed journals, professional websites (such as a drug prevention agency), or a governmental website (such as CDC).
Submit this assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 7.