Military culture and families | SOCW 6410 – Military Culture for Social Workers | Walden University
Assignment: Active and Reserve
As you have explored the various military branches, you may have considered how some of the differences might impact the culture of that branch. These differences, furthermore, impact the identity, roles, stressors, and needs of military personnel in each branch.
Another difference that significantly impacts the military personnel and their families is the difference between active and reserve military. Life in the reserve military has changed in recent years and the needs of reserve military personnel and their families have changed too.
For this Assignment, you explain the differences between active and reserve military, and explain how helping professionals can better support reservists and their families.
By Day 7
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper in which you accomplish the following:
- Explain the fundamental differences between active and reserve military.
- Explain how selected reserves have changed since the Gulf War (1990–1991) and how these changes created the need for support services.
- Describe one recommendation you might make to support reservists and their families. Explain why this recommendation would be helpful.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK4Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 4 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 4 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK4Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.