Microbiology lab report 5 pages
READ CAREFULLY follow instructions no plagiarism a sample report has been attached as a guide & book pages are attached
Laboratory Report Microbiology
2. You will the following laboratories to prepare this Laboratory Report:
Antimicrobial Sensitivity Testing: The Kirby-Bauer Method (Lab 34) (attached)
3. Make sure to collect all data during the laboratory experiment in order to complete this report. (2 pictures supplied from board attached)
*****my goal is to base this lab report on a hypothesis that shows which antibiotic is the most effective against staph and b.meg; I must show why
4. Follow the guidelines presented below.
Guidelines for preparation of the Laboratory Report
1. The report must consist of:
A. Introduction. It provides background information and the objectives of the experiment. Include a statement of the hypothesis (educated guess) of the possible results.
B. Materials and Methods. Specified the materials used in the experiment. You may present the materials from the lab manual and add some if the practice changed from the manual. No list of materials, incorporate the materials in the methodology. No numbers of steps, all narrative.
C. Results. Report the data collected during the experiment in a narrative form in addition to tables or graphics if necessary.
D. Discussion and Conclusion. Interpret the results and support or reject the hypothesis presented in your introduction. Support your statements with citations of other similar studies or textbook information.
2. At the end of the report, you must present some references used for the report (minimal 4 including the laboratory book and the textbook).Use the American Psychology Association (APA) style. Check the following site for guidance: http://employees.csbsju.edu/proske/nursing/APA.htm
3. The total amount of pages may vary depending on the experiment; however, a minimum of five pages, double-spaced and typed is expected.
4.Check list of common mistakes:
a. Substantiate your introduction with citations and place the reference at the end of the paper
b. Use Scholarly articles.
c. Scientific names spelled right and in italic or underlined.
d. Present the objective of the experiment in the introduction.
e. State your hypothesis at the end of the introduction.
f. Citation (Last name, year)
g. In Material and Methods, no listing of materials, incorporate the materials in the narrative of the procedures. No number of steps.
h. Results must be presented in a narrative form and tables or graphs
i. Title and number for each graph or table
j. No comments in the result section
k. Comments in the discussion section
l. Support discussion with citations
m. Reference in APA style
5. For more information and guidance please check: