1) Planning involves which of the following?
A. Analyzing current situations
B. Determining rewards for goals achievement
C. Motivating employees
D. Implementing necessary changes
2) _______ is specifying the goals to be achieved and deciding in advance the appropriate actions needed to achieve those goals.
3) Advances in genetic engineering and biotechnology are expected to produce some food products that will become available year-round even in northern climates. These changes will provide grocers with an opportunity to reduce their shipping costs while at the same time, offering fresher produce to their customers. These advances are an example of changes in the
A. technological environment
B. economic environment
C. political environment
D. ecological environment
4) _________ trends regarding how people think and behave have major implications for management of the labor force, corporate social actions, and strategic decisions about products and markets.
5) Which of the following is a step in the decision-making process?
A. Generating an idea
B. Good business planning
C. Evaluating the decision
D. Delegating a task
6) Which is a step in the decision-making process?
A. Resolving and reducing conflict
B. Making the choice
C. Using the lack of structure
D. Delegating a task
7) The targets or ends the manager wants to reach are called
8) In the _______________ stage of the planning process, managers should weigh the advantages, disadvantages, and potential effects of each alternative goal and plan
A. goal and evaluation
B. goal and plan selection
D. alternate goals and plans
9) Tactical planning would include which of the following?
A. Profit goals
B. Design, test, and install the equipment needed to produce a new product line
C. Human resources requirements
D. Return on investment
10) The internal analysis component of the strategic management process assesses the organization s
A. performance levels
C. industry growth rate
D. product substitutions in the market
11) Suppose you face a question regarding how to handle a defective piece of equipment that your company sold. To tell the customer would cost you a substantial amount of money, but if the equipment fails, it could lead to serious injury of the customer. You decide to disclose the defect and suggest alternatives to eliminate the risk of injury. This decision employs which ethical approach?
D. Virtue ethics
12) Your organization faces an ethical question. There has been a problem with your accounting process that has resulted in lower profits being reported than were actually earned. You are attending a meeting where senior management is deciding how to handle the situation. The people at the table have varying views of what action to take and why. John wants to report the error immediately because he believes that it is the right thing to do and that will keep them all out of jail. Bruce wants to report the error because it is the honest thing to do. After hearing his colleagues’ opinions, Carlos says he wants to report the error as well because he believes the group is right. Carlos is using which ethical system for his decision making?
D. Virtue ethics
13) In the study by Lawrence and Lorsch, companies in complex, dynamic environments developed _____ levels of differentiation; and _____ levels of integration
A. low; low
B. high; high
C. low; high
D. high; low
14) An aspect of the organization s internal environment created by job specialization and the division of labor is called
C. division of labor
15) An organization with departmentalization that groups units around products, customers, or geographic regions is called a
A. divisional organization
B. centralized organization
C. matrix organization
D. functional organization
16) Which of the following statements about matrix organizations is true?
A. A matrix organization is the same as a functional organization
B. A matrix organization is the same as a product organization
C. A matrix organization is a hybrid of the functional and divisional organizational forms
D. A matrix organization is considered out-of-date compared to the organic organization
17) An organization with departmentalization that groups units around products, customers, or geographic regions is called a
A. centralized organization
B. matrix organization
C. virtual organization
D. divisional organization
18) Sports International (SI) began business by making shoes for athletes. They soon expanded into making shoes for non-athletic purposes. They now manufacture and distribute clothing, sporting equipment, and protective sports gear worldwide. They are departmentalized by products sold to serious athletes, products sold to “weekend” athletes and products sold to sports teams. SI has utilized which form of departmentalization?
19) The trait known as leadership motivation suggests that great leaders
A. can motivate others to work hard
B. can motivate others to become leaders
C. can motivate others to join
D. want to lead
20) A leadership perspective that attempts to identify what effective leaders do and the behaviors they exhibit is referred to as the
A. behavioral approach
B. trait approach
C. transformational leadership
D. strategic approach
21) __________ leadership invites colleagues at the same level to solve problems together
22) Leaders who relate to others to serve their needs and enhance their personal growth while strengthening the organization are known as
A. lateral leaders
B. shared leaders
C. bridge leaders
23) The basic goal of managing diversity is to:
A. treat all people the same
B. increase the numbers of minorities in business
C. enhance organizational cohesiveness
D. understand and value employee differences
24) Future trends in the labor force include a
A. smaller labor force
B. more experienced labor force
C. more homogenous labor force
D. younger labor force
25) Behavior that gives purpose and meaning to organizations, while envisioning and creating a positive future, is known as
A. strategic leadership
B. supervisory leadership
C. organizational leadership
D. task leadership
26) The correspondence between actions and words that include characteristics such as honesty and credibility is known as
C. knowledge of the business
27) Owners from two businesses have asked you which type of control system they should utilize. To help you make your decision, they have each provided a brief description of their organization. Alpha Omega, Inc., is a large corporation built in the 1950s. They produce chemical concentrates for industrial cleaning. Their organization uses a strict set of rules and regulations with their workforce. They have the ability to track a large amount of data using statistical techniques. Mid-Atlantic Health is a regional medical center. They want to use a control system that will allow them to tie pricing of services and profits to specific services in the medical center. The control systems that should be used in the scenarios above were developed by
A. William Ouchi
C. Frederick Taylor
28) Your manager is speaking to a group of employees about a problem in your department. Employees are not complying with the rules regarding clocking in and clocking out each day. The rules in this situation are very important as employees will not receive their correct pay if the clocking procedures are not followed. There are three suggestions being considered to address this problem.
1. Employees will be monitored at the entrance during shift changes to make sure that each complies with the procedure.
2. Reports will be reviewed at the end of each pay period. The reports will contain data tracking the number of employees not complying with the procedures each shift. Employees violating the procedure will be counseled to correct the problem.
3. A new procedure will be developed describing an easier procedure for employees to follow. Training will be conducted so that each employee knows the policy and the procedure before it is enacted.
Option 1 describes which approach to bureaucratic control?
29) Suppose you are interviewing the CEO of a large company. The CEO is telling you about his or her job as a manager and how he or she spends time. Using the description below, which function of management is the CEO most likely describing in this example?
“My job, for some part of each day, is to empower our employees to think of things in new and different ways, not just to come to work and complete the tasks on a list.”
D. Decision making
30) Suppose you are interviewing the CEO of a large company. The CEO is telling you about his or her job as a manager and how he or she spends time. Using the description below, which function of management is the CEO most likely describing in this example?
“Every six months or so, my senior management team and I meet to discuss the goals that will be achieved over the next year, three years, and beyond. We then make sure we are clear on who will take responsibility to see that the appropriate actions are undertaken to achieve our goals within the time frame we set.”
D. Decision making
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.