The leadership paper should be 3-5 pages, double-spaced, APA (sixth edition) format. The paper is based on the following:
You are to select and view ONE of the below movies:
1. Schmidt, A. (Producer), Wallace, R. (Director). (2002). We Were Soldiers [Motion Picture]. United States: Paramount.
2. MacDonald, L. (Producer), Scott, R. (Director). (2000). Gladiator [Motion Picture]. United States: Dreamworks & Universal Pictures.
3. Field, F. (Producer), & Zwick, E. (Director). (1989). Glory [Motion Picture]. United States: Sony Pictures.
Or TV series:
4. The Office, US version (you may use one or more episodes, just make sure to properly cite the reference).
5. MASH (you may use one or more episodes, just make sure to properly cite the reference).
6. House, MD (you may use one or more episodes, just make sure to properly cite the reference). I highly encourage you to use this series, it has numerous excellent examples.
A. After viewing the movie or TV show, select one of the supervisors (leaders).
B. Discuss THREE supervisory techniques that they used, using specific examples from the movie or TV episode. Do not spend too much effort explaining the background or details of the scenario, just get to the point.
C. Make sure to discuss the following topics:
i Which of the supervisory techniques were effective? Why?
ii. Which supervisory techniques were not effective? Why?
iii. Pick one scene and discuss what you would have done different as a supervisor and why.
iv. How does a high stress environment like war or the emergency room affect supervisory techniques, as compared to peacetime (or a less stressful environment)?
v. What supervisory trait do you most relate to and why? You should include a personal account from your life.
vi. Why do supervisors fail if they are using a “textbook” technique? Explain using the scenes from the movie / show or your own personal life to enhance your explanation.
If you have already seen the movie or TV show episode, you may “skim” it to refresh yourself.
If you do not want to watch any of the above movies or TV shows, you must email me by week TWO for an alternate assignment.
Alternate topics include Leaders in the News; Corporate Leadership Failures/Successes and/or Government Failures/Successes.
Paper should contain no more than 20% direct citations or quotations. That means 80% should be your own analysis, thoughts, and ideas. Before submitting your paper, please make sure that it is checked using Turn It In checker (located at the bottom of the assignment’s turn in page).
Do not wait until the end of week seven to ask if you have questions about the assignment.
You may clearly understand what an essay is and have had the experience of writing a number. However, it is […]
The day inevitably comes; you need to submit your assignment. You have been procrastinating on writing your paper until the […]
Choosing a paper topic can be a daunting task for any assignment. A student may face agony trying to come […]
The media is an integral part of modern society. Think of what would happen to the world if there were […]
A hypothesis is a statement that can be proven by scientific research. It proves the theory of action and reaction, […]