Medicine and Health Assignment | Health
Answer the three prompts with the ideas I wrote underneath it. (I wrote a lot more than needed on the document attached) Each answer to the prompt must be condensed to 1000 chracters including spaces. So with 4 prompts, it’s 4000 characters including spaces total which equates to around 800-850 words total.
(1) Briefly describe the reasons for your campus/site choice and comment on one or two factors that are most important to you in choosing where you wish to pursue your medical education. (Max. 1000 characters) (long island) Please do a little research into new york college of osteopathic medicine.
Outline: I want to attend the long island campus to cultivate a broadened view of arts and antiquity, continue archaeological translational research, and help develop the free clinic at NYIT.
Maybe structure the essay like this
Par 1) My research interests for covid and how new York college of osteopathic medicine can help me cultivate more projects.
2 My interest in their innovative curriculum, large residency placements, clinical skills via the icc, and possible concurrent ms in clinical nutrition. Also my boyfriend is currently attending medical school in new York city so I would like to be somewhat close to him.
3) How I want to work in their free clinic just like how I’m working in a free clinic right now. (please do some research into NYIT’s free clinic. I want to continue helping the uninsured members of the local communities.
4) how I want to utilize the long island wellsbury area as a cultural classroom to aid in my medical journey. For example do translational archaeology research, get involved inthe museum, and leanr about long island arts and innovation.
(2) Describe an experience you have had in interacting/relating with people whose backgrounds are different than your own. What did you learn from it? How did it change your perspective? (Max. 1000 characters)
1)I volunteered at an event on the beltline selling artwork. Two individuals came up to me and criticized the beltline
2)They taught me about the gentrification that occurred during the beltline construction.
3)I realized how ignorant I was.
4) I changed my perspective and understand the devastating nature of urban constructions.
5) Although I still believe the belt line was good for the economy of atlanta and for the cultivation of arts and city culture, I realized that cities must discover novel wals to build infrastructure without gentrifying communities. There are pros and cons to everything. However, the cons should never devastate lower income communities.
(3) After residency, describe the community in which you see yourself practicing medicine. (Max. 1000 characters)
I envision myself doing gastroenteroloyg research and working in the urban areas of dallas as well as the rural areas of the nearby denton counties.
(4) Describe a challenge you’ve faced and the steps you took to overcome it. (Max. 1000 characters)
Outline: I had a explorative data assignment to finish but I had no idea how to complete it as the data I was given was very spotty and incomplete. Although I was not an engineer, I knew my background in anthroolgy could help me look at problem from outsite the box. I could not turn to others for help, so I took it onto myself to expand my skill set and find a novel method (transforming into a single normalized data set) in order to tackle the problem.