Week 5 Quiz 3:
1. The terms in the objective function or constraints are not additive. TRUE/ FALSE
2. A feasible solution violates at least one of the constraints. TRUE/ FALSE
3. Which of the following could not be a linear programming problem constraint?
a. 1A + 2B
b. 1A + 2B = 3
c. 1A + 2B > 3
d. 1A + 2B < 3
4. In a linear programming problem, a valid objective function can be represented as
A) Max Z = 5xy
B) Max Z 5×2 + 2y2
C) Max 3x + 3y + 1/3z
D) Min (x1 + x2) / x3
5. Non-negativity constraints restrict the decision variables to negative values. TRUE/ FALSE
6. A graphical solution is limited to linear programming problems with ___ decision variables
7. A constraint is a linear relationship representing a restriction on decision making.
8. Linear programming is a model consisting of linear relationships representing a firm’s decisions given an objective and resource constraints. TRUE/ FALSE
9. Non-negativity constraints
A) restrict the decision variables to zero.
B) restrict the decision variables to positive values
C) restrict the decision variables to negative values
D) do not restrict the sign of the decision variable.
E) both A and B
10. Decision models are mathematical symbols representing levels of activity. TRUE/ FALSE
11. Which of the following could be a linear programming objective function?
A) Z = 1A + 2BC + 3D
B) Z = 1A + 2B + 3C + 4D
C) Z = 1A + 2B / C + 3D
D) Z = 1A + 2B2 + 3D
E) all of the above
12. Decision variables
A) measure the objective function
B) measure how much or how many items to produce, purchase, hire, etc.
C) always exist for each constraint
D) measure the values of each constraint
13. A linear programming model consists of decision variables, constraints, but no objective function. TRUE/ FALSE
14. The region which satisfies all of the constraints in a graphical linear programming problem is called the
A) region of optimality
B) feasible solution space
C) region of non-negativity
D) optimal solution space
15. The _______________ property of linear programming models indicates that the decision variables cannot be restricted to integer values and can take on any fractional value.
16. The production manager for the Coory soft drink company is considering the production of 2 kinds of soft drinks: regular and diet. Two of the limited resources are production time (8 hours = 480 minutes per day) and syrup limited to 675 gallons per day. To produce a regular case requires 2 minutes and 5 gallons of syrup, while a diet case needs 4 minutes and 3 gallons of syrup. Profits for regular soft drink are $3.00 per case and profits for diet soft drink are $2.00 per case. What is the time constraint? A) 2R + 5D ≤ 480
B) 2D + 4R ≤ 480
C) 2R + 3D ≤ 480
D) 3R + 2D ≤ 480
E) 2R + 4D ≤ 480
17. Cully furniture buys 2 products for resale: big shelves (B) and medium shelves (M). Each big shelf costs $500 and requires 100 cubic feet of storage space, and each medium shelf costs $300 and requires 90 cubic feet of storage space. The company has $75000 to invest in shelves this week, and the warehouse has 18000 cubic feet available for storage. Profit for each big shelf is $300 and for each medium shelf is $150. What is the objective function?
Z = $300B + $150M
A) MAX Z = $300B + $100 M
B) MAX Z = $300M + $150 B
C) MAX Z = $300B + $150 M
D) MAX Z = $300B + $500 M
E) MAX Z = $500B + $300 M
18. In a linear programming model, the numberof constraints must be less than the number of decision variables. TRUE/ FALSE
19. Proportionality means the slope of a constraint or objective function line is not constant. TRUE/ FALSE
20. The objective function is a linear relationship reflecting the objective of an operation. TRUE/ FALSE
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.