2. The manager of the Carpet City outlet needs to make an accurate forecast of the demand for SoftShag carpet (its biggest seller).If the manager does not order enough carpet from the carpet mill,customers will buy their carpet from one of Carpet City’s many competitors. The manager has collected the following demand data for the past 8 months:
Month Demand for Soft Shag Carpet (1,000 yd.)
a. Compute a 3-month moving average forecast for months 4 through 9.
b. Compute a weighted 3-month moving average forecast for months 4 through 9. Assign weights of 0.55,0.33,and 0.12 to the months in sequence, starting with the most recent month.
c. Compare the two forecasts by using MAD. Which forecast appears to be more accurate?
6. The manager of the Petroco Service Station wants to forecast the demand for unleaded gasoline nextmonth so that the proper number ofgallons can be ordered from the distributor.The owner has accumulated the following data on demand for unleaded gasoline from sales during the past 10 months:
Month Gasoline Demanded (gal.)
a. Compute an exponentially smoothed forecast, using an α value of 0.30.
b. Compute the MAPD.
9. Emily Andrews has invested in a science and technology mutual fund. Now she is considering liquidating and investing in another fund.She would like to forecast the price of the science and technology fund for the next month before making a decision.She has collected the following data onthe average price of the fund during the past 20 months:
Month Fund Price
1 $63 1/4
2 60 1/8
3 61 3/4
4 64 1/4
5 59 3/8
6 57 7/8
7 62 1/4
8 65 1/8
9 68 1/4
10 65 1/2
11 68 1/8
12 63 1/4
13 64 3/8
14 68 5/8
15 70 1/8
16 72 3/4
17 74 1/8
18 71 3/4
19 75 1/2
20 76 3/4
a. Using a 3-month average,forecast the fund price for month 21.
b. Using a 3-month weighted average with the most recent month weighted 0.60,the nextmost recent month weighted 0.30,and the third month weighted 0.10,forecast the fundprice for month 21.
c. Compute an exponentially smoothed forecast,using α=0 .40, and forecast the fund pricefor month 21.
d. Compare the forecasts in (a),(b),and (c),using MAD,and indicate the most accurate.
26. Carpet City wants to develop a means to forecast its carpet sales. The store manager believes thatthe store’s sales are directly related to the number of new housing starts in town.The manager hasgathered data from county records on monthly house construction permits and from store recordson monthly sales.These data are as follows:
Monthly Carpet Sales (1,000 yd.) Monthly ConstructionPermits
a. Develop a linear regression model for these data and forecast carpet sales if 30 constructionpermits for new homes are filed.
b. Determine the strength of the causal relationship between monthly sales and new homeconstruction by using correlation.
27. The manager of Gilley’s Ice Cream Parlor needs an accurate forecast of the demand for ice cream.The store orders ice cream from a distributor a week ahead; if the store orders too little, it losesbusiness, and if it orders too much, the extra must be thrown away. The manager believes that amajor determinant of ice cream sales is temperature (i.e., the hotter the weather, the more icecream people buy). Using an almanac,the manager has determined the average daytime temperature for 10 weeks,selected at random,and from store records he has determined the ice cream consumption for the same 10 weeks.These data are summarized as follows:
Week Average Temperature
(degrees) Ice Cream Sold
1 73 110
2 65 95
3 81 135
4 90 160
5 75 97
6 77 105
7 82 120
8 93 175
9 86 140
10 79 121
a. Develop a linear regression model for these data and forecast the ice cream consumption ifthe average weekly daytime temperature is expected to be 85 degrees.
b. Determine the strength of the linear relationship between temperature and ice creamconsumption by using correlation.
28. Compute the coefficient of determination for the data in Problem 27 and explain its meaning.
MAT 540 Week 4 Homework Chapter 15 problems
MAT/540 Week 4 Homework Chapter 15 problems
MAT:540 Week 4 Homework
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.