Market Summary And Value Calculation – Wal-Mart Assignments | Online Homework Help
Market Summary and Value Calculation
It is easy to become too focused on the minutia of the numbers and lose sight of the larger picture of how a company is valued in the larger marketplace. In this portion of your report you will analyze Wal-Marts’s business and financial conditions and begin to create a macro-level view of the company and its performance within the market as a whole, as well as completing specific analyses that will help you to evolve your impressions of the Wal-mart’s financial stability and long term health.
· Summarize how Wal-Mart compares to the overall market
· Summarize what 3-5 market analysts are currently saying about Wal-Mart – Why
· Calculate the value of the Wal-Mart’s financial assets by completing ratio analyses for the company for the last three fiscal years within the following bulleted categories. Provide a rationale as to whether each ratio is favorable or signals potential trouble for the company justifying your observations with evidence from the data and your findings.
Explain how the 10 ratio analyses of the company’s financial assets you calculated in your draft create a full picture of the overall health the compa
(Note: Your report must include a minimum of 2 ratios from each bulleted category, with a minimum of 10 total analyses. The greater the number of relevant ratio analyses you can provide, the stronger your business case will be to either purchase or not purchase the stock.)
· Categories for ratio analysis
o Financial leverage
o Asset management
o Market value
· Explain how the 10 ratio analyses of the company’s financial assets you calculated in your draft create a full picture of the overall health the company
The Market Summary and Value Calculation
· Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must use at least two industry or scholarly sources in addition to the course text.