Macroeconomics: Seattle’s Trash Policy Assignment | Buy assignments online
Seattle City began enforcing new law on Trash. Single-family properties whose garbage contains more than more than 10 percent recyclables or food waste by volume would receive a notice on their garbage container and a $1 fine would be levied on their bi-monthly garbage bill.
Multi-family and commercial properties whose garbage contains more than 10 percent recyclables or food waste by volume would receive a warning notice. Upon the third notice, the property would receive a $50 fine.
1) What do you think of this new trash policy? Mention the socio-economic impacts for yourself and the society.
2) How would that work in your home and neighborhood?
3) What another state (s) or countries that have enforced the same policy?
Use as many economic principles (from the textbook and other sources) as you can in answering the questions.
As a guideline, each of the 10 points will be derived from the following:
- Post your answer (400-500 words) to the posted DQ responding to the matter asked, instead of repeating the question or not attending to the question. Substantive answers include making comments using concepts found in the assigned reading materials or offering examples from your experience. Hence merely providing a brief “yes, I agree” or “no, I do not agree” postings are not adequate posts
- Write in correct grammar; any errors will translate to a deduction in points.
- Check for the spelling; any errors will deduct points.
- Your responses must be substantive that include your own thoughts, supported with research (at least two external sources other than textbook, and you must quote these sources).