Literature Assignment | Homework Help Websites
1500-2000 words max
– The book review should draw on the literary criticism techniques discussed in “How to Read Literature” by Terry Eagleton (link posted below).
– APA format to reference the Eagleton text throughout your paper.
– You may organize the review addressing each of the topics in Ch 1-5 of Eagleton’s text.
You may structure your review like this:
* Introduction – 1 paragraph
- Identify at least 1 or more literary tactic that the author used to open the book. Was it effective? Why or Why not?
- How did you learn about the characters? Was it an effective way to learn about the characters? Why or Why not? Did you get to know one character more than others? Why?
- Who is telling the story? From what point of view? Do you think that was a good selection? Consider another point of view from where the story could have been told… how would have that impacted the story.
- What school of criticism most accurately reflects what you think the themes and symbols of the novel are trying to communicate?
- Why did you select that school of criticism?
- Provide at least 2 examples of the themes, signs, symbols, language character that you think are connected to the school of criticism you selected.
- What does the school of criticism that you selected value?
- What does the school of criticism that you selected think is important?
- What does the school of criticism that you selected emphasize?
- Provide at least 2 examples from the book that demonstrate what it values.