Literary Analysis Essay Assignment | Top Universities
The purpose of an essay is to put your thoughts to the page in an organized fashion. In this essay, you need to focus on how works of imagination use language to enhance ideas. Just as you had a plan for your Research Essay, you’ll want to plan out your Literary Analysis Essay. The Literary Analysis Essay should be approximately 1000 words in length and based upon reading assignment(s) selected by your instructor.
The Literary Analysis Proposal = 10 points.
The Harlem Renaissance. Hughes (Left) and Hurston (Right)
Literary Analysis Essay Prompt: TBA
1. For this project, learn about the social, cultural, and political circumstances which gave rise to the Harlem Renaissance:
- An Introduction to the Harlem Renaissance
- A Brief Guide to the Harlem Renaissance
- PBS: Harlem Renaissance
- Harlem Renaissance (National Gallery of Art)
- A New African American Identity: The Harlem Renaissance (Smithsonian)
2. Explore the authors below: Research their lives, works, and contributions to the Harlem Renaissance.
- Langston Hughes (Poetry)
- Langston Hughes (Poetry – Audio)
- Zora Neale Hurston (Prose)
- Zora Neale Hurston (Prose – Audio)
- Road Trip With Zora And Langston (NPR) Get English homework help today