Lifespan Development Assignment | College Homework Help
Course: Lifespan Development (PSYC 290)
Required ResourcesRead/review the following resources for this activity:
InstructionsYour textbook details a sequence in which the human brain develops. The limbic system, or the seat of emotions and experience of rewards, (p. 344) is said to be completely developed in early adolescence. However, the pre-frontal cortex, also called the, judgement region doesn’t finish developing until at least a person is nearly an adult.
We could reasonably suggest that during the adolescent stage, it may be biologically difficult for a person to wrangle their emotions, impulses, and behaviors.
As a medical educator, how would you teach a group of parents about why their adolescent boys and girls are “acting out”?
In approximately 3 pages, create a “fact sheet” in MS Word that includes a chart, images, or banners, tables, etc., that explain why adolescent children may be less logical and more emotional in their decision-making. As part of your fact sheet, include ideas on how parents can best support their teenager during this time
Be sure that you use peer-reviewed research and the textbook to support your 3-page handout.
- Length: 3 pages (not including title page or references page)
- Includes engaging presentation elements (i.e. images, banners, tables)
- Attributes proper credit to outside sources (due to the creative nature of this assignment, attribution may look different than it does in a standard essay – that is ok so long as you credit your source in such a way that your audience can easy track down the sources you reference)
- APA format for body, in-text citations, title page and list of references
- NO PLAGIARISM Get Psychology homework help today