Leadership and Talent Management 2018-19
· McCall, M. W. (2010). Recasting leadership development. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 3, 3-19.
· Chemers, M. M. (2000). Leadership research and theory: A functional integration. Group Dynamics: Theory, research, and practice, 4(1), 27.
· Guenole, N. (2014). Maladaptive personality at work: Exploring the darkness. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 7, 85-97 and all associated commentaries.
· Nye, C. D., Su, R., Rounds, J., & Drasgow, F. (2017). Interest congruence and performance: Revisiting recent meta-analytic findings. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 98, 138-151.
· Hough, L. M., Oswald, F. L., & Ock, J. (2015). Beyond the Big Five: New directions for personality research and practice in organizations. Annu. Rev. Organ. Psychol. Organ. Behav., 2(1), 183-209.
· JA Weekley, B Hawkes, N Guenole, RE Ployhart. Low-fidelity simulations. Annu. Rev. Organ. Psychol. Organ. Behav. 2 (1), 295-322.
· Guenole, N., Chernyshenko, O., Stark, S., & Drasgow, F. (2015). Are predictions based on situational judgement tests precise enough for feedback in leadership development?. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 24, 433-443.
· Cappelli, P., & Keller, J. R. (2014). Talent management: Conceptual approaches and practical challenges. Annu. Rev. Organ. Psychol. Organ. Behav., 1(1), 305-331.
· Lewis, R. E., & Heckman, R. J. (2006). Talent management: A critical review. Human resource management review, 16(2), 139-154.
· Collings, D. G., Mellahi, K., & Cascio, W. F. (2018). Global talent management and performance in multinational enterprises: A multilevel perspective. Journal of Management, 0149206318757018.
· Collings, D. G., & Mellahi, K. (2009). Strategic talent management: A review and research agenda. Human resource management review, 19(4), 304-313.
· Collings, D. G., Scullion, H., & Vaiman, V. (2015). Talent management: Progress and prospects.
· Pulakos, E. D., Hanson, R. M., Arad, S., & Moye, N. (2015). Performance management can be fixed: An on-the-job experiential learning approach for complex behavior change. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 8(01), 51-76 and all associated commentaries.
The work limit is 1500 words +/- 150
You are in charge of Talent Management for a medium sized enterprise, it is a bank called Croesus that has 5000 workers. Croesus wants to take a more strategic approach to hiring and developing leaders, and leverage insights from the management sciences field. Currently, practices in Human Resources are rudimentary. This is a result of being new and growing quickly. You need to systematically review their HR practices as they relate to leadership, discussing what to assess, who to assess, how to assess, and what development interventions you recommend the company implement to improve leadership capability.
Who to measure
• Who are the key people?
• How will you find them?
• Example of working with Team GB (Schlosser&Bond,2019)
How do you know who are the key people in the organisation?
• How might you identify strategic jobs in an organization?
• How might you identify talent individuals in an organization?
” …of the myriad of ways that humans differ from one another…the most important have eventually become encoded in our language as trait descriptive terms” (Peabody & Goldberg, 1989 p1)
– Job analysis
– Leadership styles
• Personality disorders?
Personality De Young’s Aspects
• Clinical psychology has a lot to offer managers trying to mitigate risks of poor selection decisions.
• Occupational psychologists have not been paying sufficient attention to these developments until now but should
How to measure
• Designing your survey
• How do you pick them?
• Reliability and validity
• Finally, based on the people and needs identified, what interventions would you do?
It is very important that your suggested approach draws on the research literature rather than relying on intuition or common sense, as applying science to talent management is a what you should be learning to do in this course.
You may clearly understand what an essay is and have had the experience of writing a number. However, it is […]
The day inevitably comes; you need to submit your assignment. You have been procrastinating on writing your paper until the […]
Choosing a paper topic can be a daunting task for any assignment. A student may face agony trying to come […]
The media is an integral part of modern society. Think of what would happen to the world if there were […]
A hypothesis is a statement that can be proven by scientific research. It proves the theory of action and reaction, […]