Leadership observation paper | Education homework help
What does leadership really look like? For this assignment, you are asked to observe a leader in action. While observing the leader, make note of leadership traits that are evident. This form may be helpful to organize your paper, DO NOT TURN IN THIS FORM FOR A GRADE. Use the notes to write a 1-3 page paper describing your leader.
Possible leadership traits to observe:
- Articulate: communicates effectively with others -Outgoing: Talks freely, gets along well with others
- Perceptive: Is discerning and insightful -Conscientious: Is thorough, organized and careful
- Self-confident: Believes in oneself and one’s ability -Diligent: Is industrious, hardworking
- Self-assured: Is secure with self, free of doubts -Sensitive: Shows tolerance, is tactful and sympathetic
- Persistent: Stays fixed on the goals, despite interference -Empathic: Understands others, identifies with others
- Determined: Takes a firm stand, acts with certainty – Friendly: Shows kindness and warmth
- Trustworthy: Is authentic, inspires confidence -Dependable: Is consistent and reliable
Title of Leader
When and Where Observed
Leadership Traits Observed
What was the strongest leadership trait observed? Provide examples.
Describe any strengths the leader exhibited. (See Table 3.3 in Chp 3 – Engaging Strengths) for examples.
Connect your observation to concepts discussed in the text.