1. The focus in civil litigation is to
A. punish the wrongdoer.
B. compensate the victim.
C. deter future wrongdoing.
D. win punitive damages.
2. Evidence is competent if
A. it’s based on a strongly held opinion.
B. it’s common knowledge.
C. it consists of sensory observation.
D. it’s believable to the jury.
3. Which one of the following is acquired by serving a summons and complaint upon a defendant?
A. Personal jurisdiction
B. Removal jurisdiction
C. Concurrent jurisdiction
D. Limited jurisdiction
4. Attorneys and paralegals should begin identifying potential claims and defenses during the
A. initial interview. C. appeal.
B. trial. D. settlement.
5. An attorney is trying a criminal case, but isn’t sure what level of burden is required in criminal court. Which one of the following does the attorney have to meet?
A. Preponderance of the evidence C. Clear and convincing evidence
B. Beyond a reasonable doubt D. Innocent until proven guilty
6. A claim is filed by the defendant against the plaintiff. Attorney A says that the defendant has filed a counterclaim. Attorney B says the defendant has filed a cross-claim. Which one of the attorneys is correct?
A. Attorney A is correct. C. Neither attorney is correct.
B. Attorney B is correct. D. Both attorneys are correct.
7. Notice of a motion must be given to opposing counsel in all cases except a/an
A. motion for temporary orders.
B. motion to amend pleadings.
C. ex parte motion.
D. Notice to opposing counsel is always required.
8. Which one of the following would be the best method of obtaining judgment from a debtor who works but doesn’t own any assets?
A. Writ of execution C. Garnishment
B. Judgment lien D. Receivership
9. Which one of the following choices is a voluntary alternative dispute resolution?
A. Arbitration C. Injunction
B. Pleading D. Mediation
10. Which one of the following choices introduces new matter that causes the plaintiff to lose even if the factual allegations of the complaint are true?
A. Affirmative defense C. In rem jurisdiction
B. Ex parte motion D. Supersedeas bond
11. Which one of the following serves the purpose of persuading another party to resolve a claim before trial?
A. Trial notebook C. Initial interview
B. Settlement brochure D. Notice of appeal
12. Suppose a trial is nearing its end, and the attorneys are awaiting the jury’s decision. An attorney wants to make a last settlement attempt before the jury returns its verdict. Attorney A says it’s too late for settlement because the jury has already gone to deliberate. Attorney B says the attorney can make the settlement offer if it’s first presented to the jury. Which one of the attorneys is correct?
A. Attorney A is correct. C. Both attorneys are correct.
B. Attorney B is correct. D. Neither attorney is correct.
13. Suppose a judge made errors during a trial. Although the outcome probably would have been the same if the errors hadn’t occurred, a party wants to appeal. What is the most likely outcome?
A. The party would win the appeal because any mistakes made are in opposition to the innocent until proven guilty guarantee.
B. The judge would be investigated for a miscarriage of justice.
C. The decision would be reversed because the mistake is a question of fact.
D. The decision wouldn’t be reversed because the error must be important enough to change the outcome of the case.
14. The appropriate time to determine the applicable statute of limitations is
A. before taking the case.
B. after taking the case but before filing it.
C. anytime before serving the summons.
D. anytime prior to a motion to dismiss.
15. Both a lay witness and an expert witness can give opinions under certain circumstances. A lay witness can give opinions concerning only
A. settlement negotiations.
B. observations that don’t require expertise.
C. the witness’s state of mind.
D. communications that are privileged.
16. Suppose a state and federal court both have subject matter jurisdiction over a case. The federal court then transfers the case from the state court to federal court. Which two types of jurisdiction are described in this example?
A. Exclusive jurisdiction and general jurisdiction
B. Concurrent jurisdiction and removal jurisdiction
C. Personal jurisdiction and in rem jurisdiction
D. Limited jurisdiction and supplemental jurisdiction
17. Papers to be filed with the court are received by the
A. court clerk. C. marshall.
B. judge. D. court reporter.
18. Appellate courts review the actions of the trial courts
A. for legal errors. C. to retry a case.
B. to substitute their own decision. D. for questions of fact.
19. Which of the following would be a valid reason to overturn an arbitrator’s decision?
A. Obvious bias C. Arbitrator personality
B. Displeasure with the decision D. Improper notice of appeal
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.