Knowledge management | Social Science homework help
Week 4 – Assignment
In the health care field the acquisition of knowledge is important to improve patient care. The process of identifying, managing, and sharing this information is called knowledge management. For this assignment, read the Health Informatics: A Systems Perspective, Chapter 8 Case Study on pages 172-174, and create a strategy to leverage the knowledge base of the practice against the value of knowledge within the developing accountable care organization (ACO), Health Information Exchange (HIE), and Regional Health Information Organization (RHIO). In your paper:
- Differentiate between the role of an HIE and a RHIO.
- What are the implications of collaborating with an HIE and RHIO?
- Create a policy on who can access knowledge generated by the practice and how would it be used.
- Assess each of the five quality domains specified by the ACO mandate, and justify their inclusion or exclusion. What are the implications of each on the structure of the clinical process and on the information system that supports the process?
- Compare and contrast the differences between explicit, expressed, implicit, latent and tacit knowledge. What is the importance of each one?
- Distinguish between the two organizations in your response.
- Must be a minimum of two to three, double-spaced pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Use at least three scholarly sources (excluding the textbook), two of which are from the Ashford University Library.
- All sources should be listed in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.