Journal entry | NURS 6650 – Psychotherapy With Groups and Families | Walden University
Assignment: Practicum – Week 1 Journal Entry
As a future advanced practice nurse, it is important that you are able to connect your classroom experience to your practicum experience. By applying the concepts you study in the classroom to clinical settings, you enhance your professional competency. Each week, you complete an Assignment that prompts you to reflect on your practicum experiences and relate them to the material presented in the classroom. This week, you begin documenting your practicum experiences in your Practicum Journal.
Note: Be sure to use the Practicum Journal Template, located in this week’s Learning Resources.
· Analyze nursing and counseling theories to guide practice in psychotherapy*
· Summarize goals and objectives for personal practicum experiences*
· Produce timelines for practicum activities*
In preparation for this course’s practicum experience, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
· Select one nursing theory and one counseling theory to best guide your practice in psychotherapy.
· Explain why you selected these theories. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
· Develop at least three goals and at least three objectives for the practicum experience in this course.
· Create a timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.