Chapter 15 – Majors and Careers: Making the right choice
PLEASE SKIP QUESTION 8
Directions: See Grading Rubric Below and Example Attached, please use the attached file as a reference along with the video below.
Each chapter of this book will ask you to write reflectively about the material you have just read. What did I learn? What’s the most valuable thing(s) I learned? What doesn’t work for me? Why doesn’t it work and how can I make it work? This is another way to remember the content of the chapter, so you might try it with your other classes as well.
Work in a Word Processor. Click on ‘Submit Assignment‘ and Copy/paste the questions into the text box. Answer all the questions. Save on your computer before submitting to your instructor. Or, Attach your file to assignment.
Important! Be sure to use quotes/examples from the textbook and reference with page numbers for each question. You may also use the PowerPoint for reference. Please state the slide number. Use PowerPoint reference only occasionally per week and when appropriate. Your main reference source is the textbook. Put your reference numbers in parenthesis. Example: (pg. 10 or slide 11)You may also use web or module video reference which must be underlined.
**View the provided video in Chapter 15 Module!**
“How to Graduate College with a Job you Love and with Less Debt”
1. How can you survive in the current economy? Be specific.
2. How are majors, interests, and careers linked? What are your interests and how can you link them to a career?
3. What internal (feelings, emotions) and external (parents, peers) influences have affected your thoughts about majors and careers? How does that make you feel?
4. What other majors and/or careers have you been thinking about? Why do these appeal to you? If you’re not considering other careers and majors, why are you dead set on the one you’ve chosen? If you are not thinking about any major or career, why?
5. What is the one idea, concept, or activity that you are passionate about? Have you taken it into account as you decide on a major? Explain.
6. List ten careers associated with your passion and ten associated with your skills. Are there any that appear on both lists? How do you feel when you review the lists (excited, nervous, hopeless, etc.)? What might your feelings be telling you?
You do not need reference for questions #7, #8, #9.
7. What was the most important thing you learned from watching the video?
8. Please tell me your future educational plans. Classes you will take at Cabrillo? Or, are you transferring? Where? Attach your Ed Plan to this assignment or write out the planned classes here. If you are graduating Cabrillo this semester and/or not continuing college, describe in detail your future career plan. What research have you done and how have you prepared yourself?
Your Ed Plan can be for continuing at Cabrillo or transfer to a university depending on your personal situation. Go to Cabrillo College Articulation webpage to help you with choosing classes:http:/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site./www.cabrillo.edu/services/articulation/studindex.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.If you have questions about this assignment, email me within this course.
You may also use the new student tool in Cabrillo Webadvisor called “Student Planning” to plan your classes. If you do not know how to use this tool, a counselor will help you. Or, you can get instructions and go to the counseling webpage.
If you do not attend Cabrillo, (still in HS, attend UCSC, Monterey Peninsula, etc. or live in another city, state), tell me what you are doing at your college or school.
9. Is there anything else on your mind this week that you’d like to share with your instructor? If so, add it to your journal entry.
In a new and separate message, respond to the following…..
1. I already know what I want to do. Why do I have to go through all these Career Assessments and boring stuff?
2. How will I know I will have the skills and competencies I need to get a good job when I graduate?
Journal Grading Rubric
Journal Grading Rubric
Guidelines for Journal Chapters
Full Points Credit – 50
· Thoroughly and Completely answers each question
· Gives personal thought as to how chapter material applies to you
· States examples from textbook and gives reference page numbers from textbook for each answer
· Explains personal situations as related to the material
Half Points Credit – 49 – 25
· Answers each question with one sentence
· Shows little personal thought as to how chapter material applies to you
· Gives some or no examples from textbook and some or no reference page numbers from textbook
· Has no personal situations as related to the material
Under Half Points Credit -24 – 0
· Does not answer each question
· Use of yes/no answers with out explanation
· Lacks any personal thought about the chapter material
· Does not attempt the assignment
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.