IPv4 Assignment | Homework For You
1. What are the differences between classful and classless addressing in IPv4?
2. Explain why most of the addresses in class A are wasted. Explain why a medium or large size organization does not want a clock of class C.
3. What is a mask in IPv4 addressing?
4. What is the network address in a block of addresses? How can we find the network address if one of the addresses in the block is known?
5. Briefly define subnetting. How does the subnet mask differ from a default mask in classful addressing?
6. What is NAT? How can NAT help in address depletion?
7. What is the difference between connection oriented and connection less services?
8. Define fragmentation and why it is needed?
9. List transition strategies to move from IPv4 to IPv6. Explain the differences between tunneling and dual stack strategies during the transition period.
10. What are some common address mapping protocols and in which scenario would you use each?
11. What is ICMP and why do we need it?
12. What is an autonomous system?
13. What is the purpose of RIP?
14. What are the functions of a RIP message?
15. Why do OSPF messages propagate faster than RIP messages?
16. What is the purpose BGP?
17. Compare and contrast distance vector routing method against link state routing method. Get Networking homework help for you today