Intro to Macroeconomics Assignment | Buy Assignments Online
By the end of this session, students will be able to:
· Discuss the nature of the Second Great Awakening and its impact on American religion.
· Discuss the social impact of revivalism.
· Discuss the concept of women’s sphere and how women’s lives and social roles changed in this period.
· Discuss the Romantic Movement and its impact on American values.
· Describe the emergence of abolitionism in American society.
Read Chapter 11 in American: Past and Present by Robert Divine and the chapter 11 PowerPoint.
Helpful Web sites:
A. Read Chapter 11 in American: Past and Present by Robert Divine and answer the following questions.
1. How did the social reform movement evolve from the 2nd Great Awakening?
2. Why did reformers consider alcohol as the single greatest threat to public morality?
3. In what ways did women benefit from the social reform movement?
4. What were the goals of public education?
5. What were the different approaches to dealing with the problem of slavery?
B. Read the hyper-linked article and respond to one of the questions.
The John Brown Way
-After reading the article, why do you think John Brown and Fredrick Douglas were not on the same page regarding the use of violence ending slavery?