Interventions Assignment | Homework For You
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Remember when choosing your priority problems and interventions Assessment and evaluation are not interventions – they are methods of finding out what the problem is and whether the intervention has worked. Signs & symptoms are not problems – They are indicators that lead us to an over-arching problem
2. How many collaborative and independent interventions can we use as the video confused me? Out of the four interventions you choose (two for each priority problem) 3 may be collaborative with another member of the healthcare team, but one must be an entirely nurse initiated response.
3. Do the in text references count as part of the word count? Yes they do. The reference list and cover page do not. You can go + or – 10% on the word count.
4. What references are we allowed to use? We would prefer journal articles but you can also use books. Blogs and general healthcare websites are to be avoided and are not considered suitable for academic writing. Websites such as the Asthma Foundation or the Heart Foundation are suitable but should not be the source of all references. Remember to watch the video under the assessment task tab on how to search for evidence. References can be no more than 7 years old, i.e. prior to 2012 unless they are considered landmark papers in the field. You need a minimum of 20 references for this essay.
5. Can we use interventions already written up on the medical documentation? Yes but they may need modification, for instance oxygen flow rates or medication doses.
7. Can I use subheadings and do I need a title for the essay? No you do not use subheadings in an academic essay and you do not need a title for the essay
8. Do I believe the priority problems and nursing interventions on the Facebook page some students from this subject have set up? If Social media pages are created on this topic, they are not managed nor reviewed by academic staff. Discussion between peers is to be supported in all formats and it is good to engage in an exchange of views, but be aware that not all views expressed online will necessarily be correct. The first port of call if in doubt should be your tutor
9. Does my information in the body of the essay need to evidence based? Yes absolutely if your information is not in text referenced it will be seen as invalid and does not receive marks
10. Will my tutor tell me if I’ve picked the right problem or intervention, or review a draft of my assignment? No, tutors do not have the time and nor are they expected to review draft documents or potential problems. By engaging in tutorials and the other learning resources provided, you will have the information required to complete this assessment. Please do not email tutors with proposed problems or draft assignments. Tutors are available in tutorials for discussion and questions I’ve done some of my assignment in the word doc. can you please rewrite it and for the nursing interventions of problem 2, the first one should be a specific medication, and the second is fluid balance chart,