Informative Speech Description Assignment | Top Universities
- When choosing your topic, consider these things:
- Limit the scope of your topic so that you can discuss a few main points (3) in-depth instead of trying to skim over many aspects of a subject.
- Your goal is to inform (teach, share, etc.) the audience about anything you’d like. Remember that you are informing, not persuading.
- Preview your main points before going into the body of your speech so that your audience can easily follow you.
- Plan an effective introduction (open with impact, focus on your purpose, connect with the audience) and an effective conclusion.
Time Requirements: This speech is to be delivered within a 4-6 minute time frame (time starts after your show your audience in beginning, and stops before your show audience at the end).
Source Requirements: For this speech you will need 3 or more credible resources. Your sources should be listed on your outline, and also verbally cited during the delivery of your speech. Refer to the campus library for help finding credible sources.
Submission Requirements: All speeches should be uploaded to Vimeo or YouTube (do not make your video private). Please copy and paste the link for your speech submission (make sure that it is a working link).
Visual Aid Requirement: PowerPoint is required for this speech. Following the guidelines in your textbook, create a visually appealing 6-10 slide PowerPoint presentation and show it to your audience while delivering your speech. Some students use their laptops, or even televisions to display the slides to their audience members while they are speaking, and others have printed handouts if unable to show it on a digital device. You do not need to submit your PowerPoint, as I will be able to view it in your speech video. Please have your camera operator keep the focus on you for the majority of the presentation, and not to zoom in on the slides the entire time. Get English homework help today