Individual project week 1 | Law homework help
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
While there have been numerous attempts over the years to explain leadership and described who a leader actually is some of the more popular and well-known behavioral approaches have argued that leadership is multidimensional. In the mid-1960s to theorist by the name of Blake and Mouton develop a theory they labeled the Managerial Grid. These two theorist argued that there were two primary behavioral dimensions of leaders, one was a concern for production and the other was a concern for people (Johnson, 2005). Based upon these two concerns this model argues that leadership styles are not fixed and not only based upon one’s personality, and the model assumes that a leaders behavior are changing and flexible.
For this assignment you will research the managerial grid model. You will take the five grid positions of the grid perform the below listed tasks. Keep in mind that your paper should be 750–1,000 words in length, not counting the cover sheet, abstract, and reference section, and the paper should meet all APA standards and requirements.
- Address the following in 750–1,000 words:
- Describe individually, in detail, each of the five grid positions of the managerial grid.
- After describing each of the grid positions give an example of a situation in which you would utilize that specific grid position as a security manager in a leadership position with your employees.
- Compare and contrast the managerial grid to the situational leadership model. Which of these two leadership models would be more effective in a security organization?
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.