Implications of An Evidence-Based Project Assignments | Online Homework Help
Implications of an Evidence-Based Project
Following the implementation and evaluation of an evidence-based project, it is critical to examine the overarching implications of the findings. In some instances, you may be surprised to discover an implication you had not anticipated. When that is the case, what do you do with the information?
Consider the following example: An intervention is implemented that, according to the evidence, should give critical care nurses greater access to relevant, high-quality patient data. The intervention uses newly developed monitors to provide an abundance of data on patients’ vital signs. The monitors perform the desired function, but the findings reveal that nurses are encountering a high number of false alarms and they feel stressed by various challenges related to the monitors. For the DNP-prepared nurse, this situation should attract careful attention and raise questions of what to do in response.
In this Discussion, you and your colleagues address the implications of evidence-based projects, including those implications that may have been unexpected. This form of deep analysis is essential for promoting practice changes that are beneficial and sustainable.
- Consider the outcomes of your DNP Project or other evidence-based projects with which you have been involved. Were your findings as anticipated? What unexpected outcomes, if any, arose?
- Apply the concepts you have studied in previous courses to the data you gathered for your DNP Project or for other evidence-based projects. Consider social, political, technological, and financial factors as well as factors related to quality and your area of specialty.
- How does your analysis of the project outcomes inform the discussion and implications of your DNP Project? What impact could your findings have as they ripple out through multiple systems?
- Have you identified any ethical implications that require attention? If so, what are they?
By tomorrow Wednesday 7/03/19 at 2 pm, write a minimum of 550 words in APA format with at least three references. Include the level one headers as numbered below:
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
1) Discuss the implications of your DNP Project outcomes or the outcomes of other evidence-based practice projects.
2) Integrate concepts from previous courses to explain the significance of your findings and be sure to address ethical implications.
Dickerson, P. S. (2010). Continuing nursing education: Enhancing professional development. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 41(3), 100–101.
This article examines current frames of reference for continuing nursing education and the work that is guiding the future.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2012). Career resource center. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/students/career-resource-center.
This website provides a battery of resources for nursing graduates seeking employment.
American Nurses Association. (2012). Career & credentialing. Retrieved from http://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/CertificationandAccreditation
This website provides links to guides on careers and credentialing. The website also highlights special membership benefits for ANA members.
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. (2010). Career tools and advice. Retrieved from http://www.newcareersinnursing.org/scholars/career-central/tools
This website supplies a variety of guides on applying for jobs.
Bolles, R. N. (2012). What color is your parachute? 2012: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers. New York, NY: Ten Speed Press.
Isaacs, K. (2010). Surviving and thriving in the workplace: Resume tips for nurses. Ohio Nurses Review, 85(6), 5.