IBM Assignment | IBM
Your written assignment is as follows:
- Locate a publicly traded company in an industry that interests you. Find a publicly traded competitor which is suitable for a merger or acquisition with this firm.
- Write a ten page double spaced paper (not including exhibits) on why the company should be acquired and what purchase price should be paid. Your analysis should include the “real” reasons behind the merger and not the standard answers. Major topics should include: A brief background of the industry which the company operates, a background on the company and the management team, the acquisition purchase price (you may want to include a base purchase price and the maximum purchase price your firm would be willing to pay), what makes this merger a good fit, a brief strategy on how the company will operate after the merger, and how the deal would be financed.
- You have an enormous amount of material to use for this project. Annual Reports and 10Ks can be obtained by contacting the company’s Investor Services Department.
- Two of the major evaluation criteria for the paper are:
1) How well do you apply the financial concepts and analysis for your proposed acquisition.
2) The quality and originality of the recommendations (and how well they tie to your analysis) of the company.
The paper must follow APA Format. Papers in this class are to be RESEARCH PAPERS. Remember that work that you use from other authors MUST be referenced